Mold is a form of fungi that grow in moist, dark places. It will grow on any organic material, including drywall, wood, plaster, carpeting, and ceiling tiles. Mold can be in a variety of colors -- black, gray, white, orange, gray-green, pink, or purple -- and gradually destroys the surface on which it's growing.
People can get ill from mold by coming in contact through inhalation of fungal spores, touching an object with mold spore growth, or by ingestion. This can cause minor irritations to life-threatening illnesses.
Eliminating the Problem
At Disaster Cleanup & Repair, our professional technicians use state-of-the-art moisture detection equipment to determine possible hidden sources of moisture and/or causes of increased humidity levels in a structure. When mold is identified, we'll provide you with recommendations on eliminating the sources of moisture present and how best to remediate any contaminated materials.
When there is a concern for possible mold in your structure, bulk samples, and surface sampling will take place and sent to a lab for mold analysis. Our labs of choice have earned the distinction of an AIHA Environmental Microbiology Accredited Laboratory. A report will then be provided with recommendations on eliminating the sources of moisture present and how best to remediate any contaminated materials.
If you suspect you've found mold, turn to the local remediation and restoration experts that have been serving Mars and surrounding areas for over 15 years, contact DCR at (724) 687-7283.